From EvCC’s Sustainability page, learn how we help make our campus green.
- We seek financial stability by developing strong and diverse revenue streams.
- We invest in our employees.
- We invest in physical facilities to enhance the learning environment.
- We practice environmental, economic, and social sustainability across the campus.
- We are responsible stewards of our limited resources – proactive in fiscal planning and efficient in our practices.
EvCC has developed a range of classes that include sustainability components including hands-on as well as classroom learning
Below: STEM Whitehorse Garden; Student lead sustainability education campaign; LEED tours and training.
Source: Learn Green | Everett Community College
EvCC’s contracted food service provider, Lancer Hospitality, shares how they support “Green Events”:
“Lancer is committed to managing a responsible operation that models sustainable practices.
Lancer sources local products whenever possible to get fresh ingredients as well as to reduce transportation costs and emissions. Eating locally grown and produced food not only reduces the consumption of fossil fuels in the transport of food products over long distances, but also often eliminates wasteful packaging materials. This will also help us reduce the use of pre-packaged, processed food items on our menu. This is significant because when we cut down on the use of processed foods we give our customers a fresher, healthier product.”
Learn more about Lancer’s sustainable practices by checking out Lancer Sustainability.