Join in the fun at this FREE family event! Including Inteactive Fitness Challenge, Athletes Panel Discussion and Conference Learning Labs.
- 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM VENDOR FAIR
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM ATHLETE PANEL
- 10:15 AM – NOON INDUSTRY EXPERT SEMINARS
- 12:15 PM – 1:00 PM MAUI BORDEN – KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM OPTIONAL CPR TRAINING
Optional CPR certification training from 1:30 to 5:00 – Pre-registration Required
Interactive “fitness challenge” for all youth participants to measure your speed, power and agility
Hands-on activities with local sports programs
Athlete Panel and Industry Experts
• Keynote speaker Maui Borden from Proactive Coaching, LLC will present the role of parents in a young athlete’s life.
• Athlete Panel discussing the challenges of today’s youth athletes with some of Snohomish County’s biggest sports
• Heather Tarr, in her eleventh year as Head Coach, Washington Huskies Softball. A native of Redmond,
WA, graduate of UW and former member of the Women’s Professional Fastpitch Softball League’s Tampa
Bay Fire Stix.
• Mitch Canham, graduate of Lake Stevens High School and OSU, Major League Baseball player
having played with the San Diego Padres and St. Louis Cardinals, and founder of the BASE By PRO’s
Program for high school students.
• Bret Lillibridge, Graduate of Jackson High School in Mill Creek and UW, and a Major League Baseball
player having played for the Atlanta Braves, Chicago White Sox, Boston Red Sox, Cleveland Indians,
Chicago Cubs and New York Yankees.
• Mikayla Pivec, outstanding all-around athlete in select soccer, fastpitch, track and field, and basketball.
Washington State Girls Basketball Tournament MVP and Wesco 4A track & field conference champion at
Lynnwood High School.
• Jacob Eason, a Lake Stevens High School multiple sport athlete and first team all-Wesco in football,
baseball and honorable mention in basketball. Rated as the # 1 college quarterback recruit in the nation,
he has committed to the University of Georgia Bulldogs.
• Educational seminars exploring topics important to youth athletes, parents and coaches. Learn from industry
leaders in the topics of obesity and performance nutrition, concussions, overuse injuries and return to play
protocols. Speakers include:
Dr. Stanley Herring. Team physician for the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners and a consultant to the UW Sports
Medicine Program and the Seattle Storm. He serves as a member of the NFL’s Head, Neck and Spine Committee.
Dr. Herring is University of Washington’s clinical professor in the Departments of Rehabilitation Medicine,
Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, and Neurological Surgery.
Julie Mahler, Jordan James and David Trotter, Integrated Rehabilitation Group’s Registered Dietician Nutritionist
and experts on achieving a positive and practical approach to total health and nutrition suited to your child’s
lifestyle and individual nutrition needs leading to achieving results that reduce risk to many common diseases and
enjoy an improved quality of life through healthier choices.
Optional CPR certification 1:30 – 5:00 pm.Pre-registration required. $50 per person. Conducted by with
professional, experienced, educators creating a fun learning environment that meets or exceeds Washington State
Labor and Industry (L&I) Standards. You will leave this class with the confidence that you are prepared for an
For registration, please contact the Snohomish County Sports Commission via e-mail:
email@example.com or call 425-348-5802, ext. 109.